This practice operates an appointment system for the Doctor, and the Practice nurse. The system is simple. It is set up as follows:
- Appointments for the Doctor are bookable up to 3 weeks in advance.
- We will try to fit in all appointments within 48 hours.
- In an urgent situation we will try to see you as soon as possible.
- Christine – Practice Nurse available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
- Claire – Practice Nurse COPD Clinic 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Sharon – HCA available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday ‘s only.
Why is the system set up in this way?
Experience has taught us that booking appointments too far in advance causes either:
Patients to forget appointments are due
Patients feel that their problem is resolved in the meantime.
- This resulted in many patients who did not attend – therefore wasting appointment times for other patients.
- Appointment times are usually the same each week, however we may on occasions need to change the times slightly when Dr Dhuny may be on holiday, training or study days.
- Changing of times could result in us having to cancel your appointment if it is made too far in advance which is a greater inconvenience to you.
Patients arriving late for a booked appointment may be asked to rebook.
When attending for appointments we request you are punctual, if more than 5 minutes late will be asked to re-book (late attendees may seen at the HCP’s discretion). If you cannot attend please cancel so that your appointment can be given to someone else. (this also applies to hospital appointments as well)
What if I need to see a Doctor urgently?
If you feel that you require an urgent appointment to see a doctor, please try to ring the surgery before 9:30am. Please be patient and explain to the receptionist what the problem is (remember all of your information is confidential). We will always try to fit in urgent appointments or give you advice about what to do.
Please remember that we want to help you as much as possible and be selective in what you would describe as urgent.
Abuse of this system means that we would have difficulty in accommodating you when you need us most.
We appreciate that many patients have difficulties in getting time off work to see the doctor, we will try to accommodate you as much as we can.
If you no longer need your appointment please ring and cancel & we can then offer the appointment to another patient.